10 ways to make sure treatment process’s work for you
Most modern day treatment programs for depression, anxiety and addictions are based on suggestions. Nothing is forced on you, leaving all accountability with you. All that is expected of clients and patients to succeed in healing their lives, is that you keep an open mind, listening and looking for similarities and not differences, for truth and not lies. 10 ways to make sure treatment process’s work for you can save you thousands of dollars and months of time. Most people who enter treatment WILL deal with heavily entrenched defence mechanisms that will resist all hints of change. It can be very costly all round to the client. So do some work prior to arriving in a treatment program, so you are ready, willing and more open to the change process. Especially if you’ve been battling issues for a handful of years.
At our Center for Healing and Life Transformation for example, our Sanctuary wellness program makes sure all doors are always “open” It is a very mature, Wellness centre vibe, it is not a lock down situation at all! If you need psychiatric care or a primary rehab with punitive rules, this is not the place for you YET. Healing starts with surrender, of willingly putting down your way (how is your way working for you?) and starting to trust that there is another way that is better and more magnificent than yours ever was. When we do this patiently, we start to take responsibility for who we are and what we do, and ultimately what we choose to do next. The mind can be very resistant and stubborn, so notice your defence mechanisms and talk about it. The mind detests change. Even when we have suffered depression for ten years for example, we will be subconsciously resistant to change. So that is the first barrier that most people will have to break through. That is why you need other people to help you! The mind is not enough, on its own, to bring about any change. That is why drug rehab centers for example have a 5 – 20 percent chance of success at a mental health clinic, even after 12 months of inpatient treatment! 10 ways to make sure treatment process’s work for you will include an acute awareness of why you are in treatment and what you want to achieve whilst in it.
When we start to understand this new awareness, or consciousness, something magical begins to happen and we suddenly start to give instead of take. We become peaceful as self-seeking slips away and respond with a graceful attitude that starts to drive a cycle of feeling useful, balanced and secure. Then we come to realize that our old way of doing things is gone, dead and buried, and we are renewed to a new life, metaphorically born again and miraculously we see we have come back from the dead!”
TIPS:MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR WELLNESS EXPERIENCE
- Remember why you are here and what you want from treatment now. It’s easy to forget why you came to us when you’re feeling bad, physically, emotionally or mentally. Stay focused on the reasons you need healing when you feel like giving up.
- Ask questions This therapeutic experience should be a daily learning process. Don’t be afraid to ask questions, big and small, so that you understand what you need to know and do while you’re there.
- Be present Stay in the moment and focus on what is happening right now instead of worrying about what life will be like when your time here ends. Thinking about the past will leave you GUILTY and LOW, and thinking about the future ANXIOUS.
- Follow the rules (even if you don’t like them) It can be tough on our EGO to follow the rules. But this is a great place to learn how to manage your own behavior and maintain good relationships with people around you. Your experience will be much more positive if you’re not causing problems for yourself and other people.
- Be patient There’s no finish line in a healing process. It’s a life-long journey. Give yourself (and the people around you) the freedom to grow at your own pace so you don’t set yourself up for failure. 10 ways to make sure treatment process’s work for you must include a ton of patience.
- Be willing to get better Be willing to make changes in your life and within yourself. Sometimes you have to re-negotiate this moment by moment. But a sustained willingness leads to sustained healing and life transformation.
- Make time for yourself Take 15 or 30 minutes to journal or reflect on your day, your feelings and your progress. Do this often. Using this time will help you process your thoughts and feelings. A few minutes of meditation can also be very soothing and revealing. 20 minutes of Contemplation works wonders. You will learn these techniques here.
- Keep an open mind Be open to learning more about yourself and what caused you to need this healing in the first place? Remaining open to the suggestions of people who are there to help will increase your ability to see things differently, see yourself honestly and make new choices that will improve your life.
- Accept that you need help There can be a tendency to have an inner conflict during a healing process, as the old needs to go and the new needs to enter, about many or all aspects of your life. Accept that you are in this situation because you need help. Whatever the duration of your process, accept that you have made this commitment to yourself.
- Commit to the process This is the only opportunity many people will have to spend time away from “real life” to focus on themselves, their growth and their healing without the distractions of work, relationships, family and other obligations. Your time in our wellness centre, is a tiny fraction of your life, so commit to follow through with it. 10 ways to make sure treatment process’s work for you will require full on commitment. Half measures will give you nothing as alcoholics anonymous always says.
For more information on our wellness and depression treatment programs or to learn more about 10 ways to make sure treatment process’s work for you, give us a call on 0824424779 or email email@example.com